Thursday, May 28, 2009

WOW

Don't you just LOVE the pumpkin orange padding on these chairs?!

Photobucket
{pardon the blurry phone pic}


I KID =)


I just can't wait to get my hands on these. I picked these up at a yard sale last Saturday for $5 each! There were about 15 yard sales in our neighborhood that day, but this is all I came home with. But OH they are going to be a beauty. Being a big Eddie Ross blog reader, I was pretty anxious to find something old and ugly to restore and make pretty and put somewhere in my house, preferably the entry way =)

I am thinking to either go over the wood with another coat of white, or paint the distressed look. Not sure yet. And I am leaning mostly toward covering the seats with some black and white fabric. I already have a few ideas.....

Photobucket
{source}
Photobucket
{source}

Photobucket
{source}

Notice a theme? Here is a close-up of the back of the chair. Lovely vintage detail.

Photobucket

I will be sure to update you all on the finished product! =)

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Orange isn't too bad! I like it but I'm weird like that! I can't wait to see the finished product!!! You have some cute ideas! Hmmm makes me want to do something! LOL

The Rivers said...

Giiiirrrlll....the orange is OOGLY. the picture makes it look better =) ha

Mary Frances said...

OMW! Jac you would like them!!! LOL When I first saw them and what you had written I was like OMW I thought this girl HAD taste?!?!?! HAHAHA!!! You know who else LOVES vintage is Sheree Cleveland! SHe has this green chair on her blog that she like LOVES!!!

Jacqueline said...

Maybe your right but I still like it! But I'm crazy I love color, I don't like plain! LOL But I have my own crazy style!! LOL Can't wait to see what you do with them. I would never finish the project if I did something like that! LOL

Talias_Mom said...

love the chairs:) I LOVE vintage! You will have to show what you do with them. I find stuff like that on craigslist:)

Talias_Mom said...

BTW - - do NOT like the orange:)