Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dresses =)

Just a few shots and details about "the dress".....

I found my dress the day BEFORE we got engaged {completely clueless he was about to ask}! I made an appointment just for fun at a few local bridal shops. Just to check them out....since I was just soooooo anxious =) I made an appointment at Ocone's on August 22nd. {great place by the way!} I had no intentions of finding anything or trying anything on. I KNEW whatever I bought had to be Pronovias or Watters&Watters. My two most favorites. I had never been dress shopping or even so much as seen one of these two in person. I strolled through the Pronovias and Watters gowns just about ready to fork out $2K for one of them! They were so beautiful......but after finding a handful of gowns I liked.....the consultant suggested I look in the clearance section. Rarely do I pass up a clearance section in any store, being the clearance rack magnet that I am. They just seem to find me.

So I found this beauty....100% silk shantung gown by Watters & Watters {forgot the style number} for $499! I couldn't be more extactic. But it was a size 10!....and the bridal shop wanted to charge me over half the price of the gown for alterations! So I took it to a friend my wonderful Sis-in-love found out about, a mutual friend who had worked in a bridal shop for years! =) I paid only a third of what the bridal shop wanted. And it fit like a glove, I couldn't be happier! Also it was perfect for a bolero jacket that I wanted, it had a plain bodice so it came together beautifully. I ordered extra material from Watters & Watters and had another lady make my jacket. I couldn't have been happier with the way it looked!

once again...photography by Sam Hassas....check out his blog too =)

Photobucket
Remember the last post, I mentioned we got ready at Stephen's house {now our house}. The shot above was taken in our bedroom =)

Photobucket
The patch I had made to put in the dress.....LOL I totally forgot about it until the last minute so I had to barely stitch it in there myself!

Photobucket
LOVE the detail!

Photobucket
I like this one.....you can see the beautiful texture of the silk.

Photobucket
I did alot of this that day- laughing! This broach was a true beauty. I was at my seamstress's house trying the jacket on, and I mentioned how I can't wait to see how it looks with a broach... y'know the "full effect". She came in with a box of her own and pulled this one out and voila! It matched perfect and complemented the diamond shaped applique on the waist. My "something borrowed" =)

Photobucket
A shot of the dress and purse in action =)

Photobucket
The evening bag I used at the reception, and when we went downtown for pictures. Probably my favorite accessory of the day. My mom & I searched everywhere for a bridal clutch until she finally found this one the week before the wedding at Forever 21! It carried my iPhone, camera, lip gloss, and a few other necessities. Perfect!

Photobucket
My beautiful shoes. Comfortable enough, considering all the running around outside we did after the ceremony! {for pictures} This shot also shows the beautiful bridesmaid's dresses. I loved the material, it glistened in the light and complemented my dress well. I had them custom made, and ordered the material from Silkbaron.com {based in LA}. I HIGHLY recommend this website for any kind of silk, especially dupioni! BEST customer service and gorgeous silks. Also their prices are fantastic. The silk I used {antique blue} was only $10.50/yd! They are overall an outstanding company.

Here are a few more pictures of the girl's dresses.....

Photobucket

Photobucket
These were the flower pins I had made for the girls to wear on their dresses. They looked adorable!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Not professional of course....but the closest shot I could find! These were the BM shoes! So adorable., and only $5 each {clearance...and could you believe it...they had ALL 7 pairs in exactly every size I needed} at Baker's!!! Something everyone loved and could wear again!

Photobucket Flower girls were adorable! =) I LOVED the dresses! I about flipped when I saw them! I had them custom made too.....the style fit so well with a winter wedding! =)

Next in line: solo shots! =)

News Flash! The ugly $5 orange-padded yard sale chairs have been finished! I will post pictures and step-by-step how I did it....hopefully the beginning of this coming week! Also in the cooker I have more wedding stuff, and a few other crafty things I have been doing around my house. Fun stuff!

11 comments:

Brittney said...

Wow..beautiful! Everything just came together perfectly! Ur dress was perfect..

I always hear stories about something that goes wrong on a wedding day...flat tire on the way to the church, rushing around to get a last minute this or that...any of that drama happen to u?? :) Plz share!

jen lord said...

fellow watters and watters fan here! although i'm usually not looking at the wedding dresses, but the bridesmaid dresses!

lovely pics!

Brittany Rivers said...

Thanks! I will have to share about our wedding day mishaps. I can't even think of anything too drastic, but I will try to remember and I will write about it soon! =)

Oh Jen....Watter's BM dresses are to die for!!!! =)

Brittany Rivers said...

I want to edit my last comment.... I do have quite a story to tell... ;)

Brittney said...

I'm all ears lol

Jacqueline said...

So pretty!!!

Jacqueline said...

Love the pics and the stories! Who made your dresses??

Brittany Rivers said...

Thanks! We didn't have time for one person to make everyone's dress, so 2 girls made their own, 2 had one seamstress (same that made my jacket), 2 had a seamstress that I knew, and one had a lady in our church make hers. The flower girls had all the same seamstress. =) Everyone's dress came out beautiful.

Kimberly said...

Brittany- You were an absolutely stunning bride! :) And I have to agree with you about Pronovias...there is something about them that just takes your breath away...

Jacqueline said...

I know when it time for me to get married one thing that is going to be fun is finding a dress that can fit all my future bridesmaids! (No I'm not getting married!) Let just say we are going to have to cover the whole size chart!!!

Jac

Brittany Rivers said...

Thanks Kim! =) =)

Jac- I agree....it was hard finding dresses to complement everyone's figure. I had to cover sizes 2-18. But that's another reason I had them custom made, so everyone's could be tailored to thier figure. =)