Saturday, August 8, 2009

it's a work in progress....

....that is my LIVING ROOM! or better yet, my whole HOUSE!

These two rooms I am particularly loving how the look at the moment.....but I still need a little inspiration......

Photobucket
my dining room. no, still haven't found the perfect gold candles for the glass candle holders on the table. i really love the colors that ended up coming together in the dining room, the brown wood, with accents of gold, and the blue table runner.

Photobucket
one side of the living room, which i really like. it's pretty spiffy already, except maybe a year or so from now i'll probably decide to rearrange it somehow. but, that's just how i do things =)

Photobucket
i like this side too, but i can't decide what to put on that big wall. we have one picture to frame {a batik that stephen's aunt brought us from sri lanka.....it's incredible!}...so i guess i'll wait until we frame & hang it to see what to put with it. i made the pillows on the couch, but i think i need to make more. projects, projects =)

8 comments:

Mary Frances said...

I LOVE the living room with the blue wall!!! That like totally ROCKS!!!

Rachel Roberts said...

the floors are amazing in your living room. It all looks great, though. Something you might consider for the large wall that's still empty is: pick up a two or more different types of fabric that go with the room, get some large (or any size you want) blank canvases from Michael's and cover the canvas with the fabric. Arrange them on the wall like a gallery, or in a tight cluster. (go to this link for an example: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_L-deInbQA9c/SaenKReTuiI/AAAAAAAAAaY/mlRBAmGv4mg/s400/Picture+15.png)

Brittany Rivers said...

OMW Rach!!!! BEST idea ever! I know exactly what you're talking about. IKEA has wood frames specifically for that. I think they have different sizes....that is what I will be doing! Why didn't I think of that before?

Rachel Roberts said...

it's funny, cuz right after I wrote that down I was flipping thru the 2010 Ikea catalog, and I saw that they had those wood frames and I was like HEY! That would be cheaper than canvas! :o) I am going to pick some up too for above the dresser in our master bdrm.

Make sure you post a pic once you finish the project! I'd love to see it :o)

Miller's Alley said...

I really like your living room it is very awesome I live in ND and just got married too still learning how to decorate so I have gotten ideas from IKEA too. :) I found your blog through a friend I use to go to Bro. Howards church in Oklahoma. I really like your blog my husband and I are just amazed at all your wedding pictures too. :)

Brittney said...

Lovin the blue wall!

CindyH said...

Brit, who is "Miller's Alley"? She said she used to go to our church.. I was just curious.

Brittany Rivers said...

I am not sure, I haven't gotten acquainted with her.