Thursday, February 24, 2011

Couch makeover!

It's almost Friday!!!! I love the weekend....it could be relaxing, or full of adventure....you just never know!! I don't mean to throw Monday under the bus.....I love Monday too. Especially for being self-employed....so many new ideas to work on and plan for the coming week. I am very excited for what's in store for our company in the near future, great big announcement to make in the next week or so! EEEK! I am so excited for a new business venture...but...I don't want to spill too many beans so I'll hush for now. =)

Speaking of our business, I'll be adding a new tab at the top of the page that will give you much more info about Trinity Uptown Construction. Many have asked me about what me and my husband do, so I'll be more than happy to share more info about our biz.


Because Friday is so exciting, I am going to get a head start and show you all what is probably my favorite project to date. I did this back in December. After this, I just don't know if I want to reupholster anything else for quite a while. It was a pain in the rump. I'm still cringing at the thought of having stapled my finger with a high-pressure staple gun. *shudders*

 Here's the before picture, in all of it's dusty pink glory. Careful, don't sneeze all over your computer screen.



I found this in Goodwill on a half-price Wednesday for.....brace yourself.........

$15.


Yes, fifteen. As in, pocket change.


It was $30 because it had a broken leg in the back, which was not even detatched. It was simply cracked and we fixed it, you would never tell it was ever broken. I had my mother in law help me with it, she had reupholstered 2 chairs in her living room so she knew the ropes.

And for the lovely, dramatic after....


Ta-da!

I found the purple velvet at Cutting Corners on Hulen Street in Fort Worth. I love that place! They have an incredible selection at great prices, and very friendly and helpful customer service.

I love it...it turned out better than I had imagined. Feedback? =)


Happy {almost} Friday!!

-B

couch makeover, purple velvet couch, camelback couch, camel back couch, sofa, purple sofa, reupholster, vintage couch,

14 comments:

Brandon and Cindy Hill said...

I think you already know this... but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! :)

Tied with a Bouw said...

Hi Brittany! Thanks so much for comments on my blog... it's nice to meet you :) Oh and what an absolute bargain that couch was! $15! Now that's just crazy cheap!

jen lord said...

very impressive, ms. brittany!!

Adrienne said...

WOW! That is amazing! $15!!! It's beautiful!! :)

{Peppermint Plum} said...

This is SO fantastic! Found it via Better After. Such a beautiful couch and you did an amazing job! :)

-Annie @ {PeppermintPlum}

jandjhome said...

Amazing. I love it. The purple, the velvet, the lines of it. Great job!

Knitty Bitty Beanies said...

Stunning!

dmeryan said...

Found you through Better After...the makeover is stunning! I love it! Would you share where you purchased the beautiful mirror in the pic?

Michelle said...

I also found you through Better After.....And like dmeryan..I want to know where you purchased that stunning mirror. I want one for above my bed! LOVE IT!!!

Brittany Rivers said...

Aw thanks everyone :) Glad t know you all like it!

The mirror was a wedding gift from Target!

Reenie said...

Here from Better ~ After ~ it turned out beautiful ~ love it!

UKMUMINUS said...

Beautiful, I love the colour of the fabric you used, it reminds me of the colour I used for my bridesmaid dresses when I got married.

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

Ugh I just fell in LOVE

JESSICA DEFINE said...

this, my dear, looks great! I have a similar-shaped couch I need to reupholster but it's tufted so I will not be even attempting that job!

very impressed!