Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturday Morning...

Ahh...Saturday morning. Time for sleeping in......


Coffee with the husband {we have coffee everyday, but today is special because we have it together}...


Sock Monkey Slippers.....


And a SWEET breakfast!!!


I LOVE this baked pancake...so I wanted to share it with you!! This is one of our favorite Saturday morning treats!! I started making this shortly after we got married..and needless to say....it makes it's rounds :) I got the recipe from Betty Crocker.

Baked Pancake

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp butter
3 eggs or 6 egg whites
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp salt

Assorted fresh berries
Syrup
Powdered sugar  

Directions:
First, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the butter in a 9" glass pie pan...

Place it in the oven just long enough to melt it. Remove from oven and spread the butter around the sides and bottom of the pan...
This step is very important!

In a medium bowl, beat eggs just slightly with a whisk or hand beater. They should look something like this...
Still kind of gloppy...whites and yolks should not be blended.

Beat in flour, milk, and salt just until mixed {do not over beat}.

Pour into the pie pan. A lot of the butter will sit on top of the batter kind of like this.....


Bake 25-30 minutes, or until puffy and deep golden brown. Serve immediately. My convection oven usually takes exactly 25 minutes. 

Fill with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or bananas, whatever you prefer! Today we had strawberries and bananas! You can also dust with powdered sugar, if you'd like {we don't go without it!!}


We usually cut it into 4 segments and eat 2 each. Today I had Maple syrup with my first piece and Raspberry with my second piece! {told you...Saturday morning is a time to SPLURGE!}

 These syrups are available at Central Market, I am sure you can get them at Whole Foods as well. If you can't find them, I highly recommend Blackburns! 

Today I got creative and added a little squirt of juice from a sweet Meyer lemon! Mixed with the powdered sugar it reminded me of a German Pancake!

Meyer lemons almost look like oranges when you cut them up!

And just to add a little more sappyness {or should I say syrupy-ness} to this post...this is written on the inside of our Mr. and Mrs. coffee cups...which were wedding gifts.....

Isn't that so sweeeeet??? I love it!


Later on today, or.... if I can't get to it today I may post it tomorrow or Monday.... is my latest project....here's a SNEAK! I really love this one!



Have a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

Kim @ Life Analytical said...

That baked pancake looks so good! I'm not sure that my boyfriend would eat it though since he doesn't really like sweet things, and I would definitely end up eating it all myself! If nobody sees it, it doesn't count, right?

Laura Berrier said...

Wow, I have a great pancake recipe, but this one takes a "pancake" to a whole new level!! :) I've copied it down and hope to try it out soon, thanks for sharing.