Thursday, October 27, 2011

Life Updates!

Wow....yesterday I walked & jogged for 4 miles straight and today I don't feel like I've been run over by a Mack truck... [I believe this means progress!!]


I did, however, have a [small] injury yesterday before I even completed my first half-mile. I've learned the hard way to NOT forget to s-t-r-e-t-c-h after I train.....thankfully the pain didn't last but 10 minutes. I think I pinched a nerve or something. Obviously, I walked 3 1/2 miles afterward without any pain, so it was nothing traumatizing. 


*IMPORTANT UPDATE*


Just some brief housekeeping! I've made some changes to the Paypal donation button to the right. It is now directed straight to Back to Life. *Don't worry* those of you who have previously donated, it still made it into my Back to Life account, but now the process will be a whole lot quicker. Instead of putting my name in the "Donation Notes", type in "BTL-020" [for tax purposes]. The code is also VERY important to ensure that it credits my BTL account. I want to thank everyone so far for partnering with me in my efforts to raise awareness to the injustice of abortion. I received a donation from the doctor that delivered me when I was born. Now that is encouraging!! 



We celebrated my husband's 26th birthday last week! We started off with a nice breakfast early in the morning, oven-poached eggs in spinach nests on English Muffins....it was divine! I *promise* to post the recipe! I would have to say this is my favorite breakfast I have ever made. I was able to assemble the spinach the night before, but it takes quite a long time to bake, so I made sure to be up and in the kitchen by 6:45am :) I also served some red grapes, and a breakfast cupcake from the Cupcakery in Downtown Fort Worth! It was my lucky day- I remembered while I was out the night before that it was their grand opening! I may or may not have picked up a few more while I was there...you know, just in case one wasn't enough :)



 The wonderful spread!!!

I also created my famous Red Velvet cake!

Later on that evening, we met up with our families and a few friends for dinner...

Proof that I'm not so talented when it comes to operating a lighter......the entire table found this humorous for some reason....not quite sure why..

Singing Happy Birthday!

 Stephen & his parents!


My brother James and his wifey Sharel :)


Me and my amazing husband- I love him so much! God gave me the best. We've been married now for almost 3 years, and I can say I've never felt like I couldn't express my dreams to him, vent my fears, or just be myself. I'm anticipating a lifetime of bliss with this man right here :) I cannot wait to see our dreams unfold even more with every life event that happens day by day. Happy Birthday Love!

Thanks for stopping in!


-B

"Some people dream of success... while others wake up and work hard at it." 
~ author unknown

1 comment:

jen lord said...

love your pics, Brittany! feels like i'm flipping through the latest Real Simple! :)